What the HECK!

What a morning this has been.  I have a 6 year old that does not sleep through the night yet.  Every night he comes into our room at random hours and sleeps on our floor.  Since the weather has changed he gets too cold on the floor and climbs into bed with us.  Not a big deal (yeah, it's a big deal for a momma who is NOT a snuggler), except he snores like a chain saw!!!!  The boy could wake the dead.  I think I will give his wife a pair of ear plugs on their wedding day.  SERIOUSLY!!

SOOOO, C is in our room with us, and on his way in he wakes up L.  Usually L goes back to sleep with minimal fussing, well last night after 30 minutes of crying he was still not consoled.  Chris got up with him and ended up in C's bed with him asleep.  That was until the damn cat hopped up on the dining room table and knocked over a glass and broke it.  Really?  I thought cats were supposed to be stealth, and see better in the dark?  Stupid cat.  Finally Chris gets L back to sleep AGAIN and comes back to bed (around 3am).  Not 30 minutes later C is cold and needs to get in bed with us...snoring ensues and we are both using our pillows as sound barriers.  Around 5:30 lovely damn kitty is back up and meowing to get outside...WE HAVE A CAT DOOR, but he is too lazy to do the stairs that early in the morning, never mind he has to go down the deck stairs once he's outside!  Anyhoo, Chris alarm goes off at 5:45, another day, another sleepless night.

Today is trash day.  The kids did not take out the garbage.  I realized that Chris was kind enough this morning to get the big cans out to the curb but inside we have 2 sacks of trash in the kitchen that need to be taken out.    L figures out how to get into my silverware drawer and takes out a basket full of plastic spoons.  No biggie, until I realize that he is going for the ONE thing that he cannot have in that basket, the pumpkin carver.  As I'm taking away the pumpkin carver I brush my hand up against one of those dang trash sacks and get cut by some sort of glass on the inside.  I'm taking a knife away from the baby and blood is running down my hand.  I grab the bag because I don't want him to touch it and run outside to put it on the curb (I am wearing socks, sweats and a robe, nice), blood getting worse down my hand.  I come back inside and find the baby playing on my laptop, with a butter knife because he opened the drawer again (I thought I had closed it correctly).  Take the knife, and laptop away from the baby.  Run around the house for 20 minutes trying to find a band-aid.  Why is it that the kids can find band-aids whenever they need them but I cannot find one measly one when I need it?  I think they hide them.  I finally managed to find the super cool camo band-aid and turn around to find that L has another butter knife!  Apparently it had slid under something from the first drawer incident and he being the best hunter ever found it.

Now the drawer is properly closed, all knives are put away, trash is out, finger bandaged, chores done, laundry beeping, and I'm exhausted and it's only 9:52am!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Mary said…
What an insane night!!! Was that unusual or just what happens at your house? I hope that the rest of your day has gone better!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up