Forgotten Thanksgiving 2010

I realized today that I completely forgot to blog about Thanksgiving.  Shame-on-me!  I guess I was so relieved that it was over and that we had enough food, and everyone was happy, and had fun, that blogging was the last thing on my mind.

Since we don't live by family we have made it a tradition to invite several families over that also live far from their own families.  This year we had three families over for a total of 23 people...15 of which were children!  Yes, you read that right.  Now I don't have a big house.  It's pretty small actually.  I know people here who have huge houses that are way better equipped to handle that many people but we made it work and it was great.  We cleared the living room of all furniture except the couches and chairs and set up two long table in a "T" shape in the middle of it.  That was the kids table!  I used all my kitchen chairs, patio chairs, Kim's folding chairs, and a bench to make them all fit.  The adults fit nicely at my dining room table which holds 8.  We put all of the food on my kitchen table and counter top.

This year we had 3 turkey's and 1 ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, salad, about 7-10 appetizers, dressing, Jello, cranberry relish, gravy, and many many pies.  It was HUGE!  Every family got a bunch of food to take home and if anyone went hungry then it was their own fault!


Here are the only pictures we got, notice it's mostly of the food.





This year in our house we have also had a Thanksgiving Tree.  I made it out of paper and each day each member of our family would write something they were thankful for on a leaf and attach it to the tree:

Notice the N in Thanks is gone, that happened the first day thanks to a certain cute baby who shall remain nameless, also part of the trunk was ripped, also his handy work.  Some of the cute things that my family is thankful for are:(and I quote)

Roast Beast
Footed Pajamas
Tums (somebody must have had a stomach ache that night)
Blue Jeans
Summer
Gadgets
Pizza
Sleep
Things to chew on
Warm pillows
Good friends who save me from going crazy
Church
My texting app
French Fries
Baby gates
My family
My home
Food
Heavenly Father

I personally wanted to write "Pepsi" every day but refrained.  It was a great exercise for us to think of something different every day and it's a tradition I think we'll do again next year.

Comments

Mary said…
Thanks again!!! I forgot to ask you about your tree -- what a wonderful idea! I might try that next year.
Merrimom said…
I love that idea! You are so awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up