YAY AGAIN!
Yep, you guessed it, or if you are my friend on Facebook then you already knew! We are expecting baby #5. If you remember correctly from last time I announced it to the world on Facebook by accident, so this time I made sure to do it on purpose.
I have been feeling pretty crappy (excuse my language!) and tired, and just generally run down. I also have been having problems with smells. The other day I walked into Walmart and smelled the Subway bread baking and almost threw up. It was awful. Chris gave me a knowing look but I was in denial! I also have been having a hard time with changing dirty diapers, gagging the whole time. This smell thing is a usual clue that something is up with me. When I was pregnant with K I couldn't stand the smell of Chris, weird I know. With O I had a hard time with a certain pine air freshener that Chris was spraying all over the house (it was close to Christmas) and had to have him throw it out. It's funny that smell is one of my first clues to pregnancy. My second clue is usually that it's Christmastime. All my babies (except K) are born at the beginning of September/End of August , so November seems to be Clark mating season. (TMI sorry).
I didn't even tell Chris that I was going into the Dr. for a test. I don't do home tests because they are ALWAYS wrong with me. I was shocked when the nurse said that it was positive, and she was shocked when I told her this was baby #5.
I know some people think that we are crazy. Really though when you look at it what is one more hamburger on the BBQ, or one more bowl of oatmeal in the microwave? I'm excited that L will have someone close to his age, he needs to be not as spoiled. The kids were ecstatic, and so was Chris. My whole family keeps teasing me that it is going to be twins this time but I'm pretty sure we are just lookin' at 1 here. I'll know on Tuesday when I go for my first ultrasound.
I went to our annual Girls Night Christmas Party last night which really could be a whole other post in itself really, but I thought this was so cute I had to share. My friend Fara makes THE BEST gingerbread cookies. Think of the best gingerbread cookie you have ever had...these are better than that. They are almost better than ANYTHING...She brought them last year and I was looking forward to this party for three reasons, gingerbread cookies, meat candy, and hangin' with my peeps. Well this year Fara made a bunch of different "kinds" of gingerbread cookies, Ninja's, Hippy's, Super Mom's, Rapunzel's, and Pregnant Ladies. SOOOO CUTE!!! We have 5 women that are pregnant right now between our two wards here and I'm so excited to be in such good company. Although I am due last...
She was so cute I almost didn't want to eat her, almost. And again they taste as good as they look.
So for now I am trying to get some rest, trying to keep the house clean, trying to get ready for Christmas, and trying to navigate this new calling my husband has, and trying to stay sane. We'll see if any of it really works!
Comments
Merri