Christmas 2010, the actual day!

Christmas...what can I say about Christmas?  Well it's over and that's always good.  Can you tell that I wasn't feeling well this year and was really not in the mood?

I'll try harder!

Christmas was GREAT this year (better?).  Actually it was great this year.  It was just a bummer that after 2009's stomach flu fiasco I had lots of morning sickness that day.  The kids were given strict instructions to not come upstairs until after 7am.  They all slept in the basement Christmas Eve so they could "catch" Santa since our fire place is downstairs.  I woke up at 2am and found them still watching TV, I quickly shut it off and told them that Santa would not come if they didn't go to sleep.  So 7am came VERY early with C coming all the way into our bathroom to go.  He passed up 2 other bathrooms in the process!  In a matter of minutes the gifts were opened and being played with.  I think that everyone was satisfied with their loot.

The last few years we have done a free or homemade Christmas, this year we were able to get things on Black Friday deals and different places and spent less than we have the last 2 years!  Each child got one "Santa" gift and a few other small things.

For those that are interested in our frugal Christmas here is a breakdown of what we spent.  It's also a way for me to keep track of what they get every year!!

Alarm Clock for K that charges her iPod $15.00
Razor type scooter for O- $11.00
Dinosaur movie series for C- $0 (thank you SF select a gift!)
Little People set for L- $0 (free sale at friends house)
New PJ's for everyone total spent- $3.00 (clearance at Wally World, and handmade from stash fabric)
Each Child got a game- $0 (free sale at friends house)
Radio Control Cars for C and Chris- $6
Ride on Truck for L- $0 (it was ours and we gave it away and that friend gave it back a few days before Christmas, SCORE)
Knitting Looms for girls- $4 for both
Stocking Stuffers- $20ish
Electric Ice Scraper for Chris- $4

Total- $63.00

The kids also got a boat load of stuff from Grandma's and Grandpa's- gift cards, Little People, clothes, tool boxes, Wii games, cars, Lego's, Easy Bake Oven, they made out like Bandits!

After our gift opening extravaganza we had our traditional milk shakes for breakfast.  On the menu this year was chocolate, and white chocolate raspberry, both fabulous!  Of course milkshakes for breakfast don't last very long in your tummy so about 12ish we were starved for lunch.  In lieu of a big fancy Christmas dinner we went out and had Chinese food.  It was scrumptious.  Although I really did miss having a big fancy dinner so next year I think we will plan on having our big holiday meal on New Year's just so I can have my ham and rolls, and potatoes!

New traditions this year...well I made stocking for all of us, they are very cute and most of them are not even Christmas fabric but prints that each individual chose to represent themselves.  After they were all done we found out about baby #5 and will need one more to complete the set.  We will wait until after she comes to determine what kind of fabric she needs, (see what I did just now, referred to the baby as SHE, wishful thinking on my part).  Other new traditions included Chinese for dinner, in the past it's been pizza but we all agree that Chinese is better.

Our tree before the mayhem

ANTICIPATION

It's funny how he knew which ones were for him!

Tearing through stockings



C's Indian headband, he's been asking for it for MONTHS!

O making a ball of yarn.

Riding his new truck

Sporting his new had and mittens ready for Chinese!



Well that about sums up Christmas for us around here, low key, relaxing, and fun.  We spent the rest of the day enjoying our gifts and napping, and eating all our yummy treats that we got from friends.  We hope that your day and holiday season was a wonderful as ours.

Comments

Melody said…
Loved all the cute pictures!
Benny said…
You forgot to tell about you gifts!
Katie and Luke said…
I have to say--I look forward to your post Christmas blog entry every year. I am so in awe of how you spent $63 on Christmas presents! You are forever my hero...and the wind beneath my wings!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up