Homemade All Purpose Cleaner

If you've read my blog before you know that I am, well let's just say, CHEAP!  I try and do things as frugally as possible.  In the past I've tried to use homemade cleaning products.  I made my own laundry soap for a few months a couple of years back and it was a big fat FAIL!  The soap worked just fine and man was it cheap but I just didn't like it for us.  I like the clean fresh scent of chemicals on my clothes!!  I have however been making my own 409 type cleaner for the last couple of years and LOVE it.  So I thought I'd share.  I may have shared this before but I've tweaked the solution a bit and it works great.  I use it for everything, cleaning kitchen counters, sink, stove, bathroom, mirrors, my laminate floors.  EVERYTHING.  I have not bought any 409, Windex, bathroom cleaners etc for at least 2 years (I do still buy toilet cleaner).  So here's the recipe:

16-18 oz of water
2 TBL of vinegar
1 tsp of Borax
1 1/2- 2 TBL dish soap (I use dawn it smells the best and is antibacterial)

shake gently and use.

I bought a box of borax 2 years ago and still have over 1/2 the box left.  The most expensive item on this list is dish soap and you only use a small amount.  You are basically spending pennies on a bottle of this and it works great.  I use it on my mirrors and windows and it does not streak.

So there you go.

Comments

Karrie said…
Sounds great and I'll bookmark this post so I can remember it. Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up