My big 18 month old

L just turned 18 months old last month.  For most that is not a huge milestone but for those of the LDS faith it's HUGE!  It means that he can go to nursery during church for the 2nd and 3rd hour and I can go to my own class kid free!!!  We took him in a couple of weeks before he turned 18 months and he did fine, we were however asked not to do that again so we waited until the "official date" even though in my opinion that was his 18th month of life...anyway!

18 months and these are some things about L:

He can use a spoon and a fork

He likes to put on lotion and doesn't even try and eat it.

He likes to put things in the garbage can, even things that don't belong in the garbage can.  I have to check a few times a day to make sure there's nothing important in there.

He folds his arms during prayer and if we forget to pray at dinner time he will sit with his arms folded waiting.  Although he does give up usually half way through the prayer and starts eating.

He can climb anything!  I have had to walk away and say a little prayer as he goes up and down the bunk bed ladder.  We used to put it up every day and he would cry, now we leave it down and after the first day of climbing he has little interest in it.

He can turn on our iPod's even swipe his finger to unlock.

He loves going places, if you say, "wanna go bye bye?" he gets all excited.  He'll even put on all his winter gear with no fussing.

He still sleeps well.  I'm toast if this next baby doesn't I've gotten used to sleeping.

He loves meat.  He will pull the meat out of any sandwich/hamburger/meal he can.

He says words but no one can understand them.  I'm torn between wanting to know what he says and knowing I'm going to miss the babble.

He is very curious and most days won't play with toys just wants to get into my stuff.  Yesterday he took the dirt cup off the vacuum and poured it all over the floor...nice.

When he wakes up in the morning we say, "It's time to release the Kracken".  Kracken is very fitting for how I feel after spending the day with him.

He does not stop moving, unless he's asleep and even then I'm sure he's wiggling something.

He has figured out how to push a chair/stool/ottoman/toy/anything around to get up to higher stuff.  Nothing is safe here.

He still eats cat food.  ALL THE TIME!

Winston and him have a love hate relationship.  L loves Winston, Winston hates L.

He has a Little Tikes car that he loves to ride in but he never uses the door to get in, he always goes in Dukes of Hazard Style.

He hates having his diaper changed.  My other babies by this age would sit still and even help by holding their legs up at this age...not L.  He is digging in the poo with his hands, trying to escape the whole time, kicking his feet at you, or going completely stiff so it's impossible to get his clothes off.  Most poo diapers require a bath for him and a thorough surgeon-like scrub down for me.

L loves reading books, that's the only time he will be still for more than 30 seconds.

He is so cute and curious and exhausting and smart and naughty and loving and friendly and stubborn.  We love him so much and can't imagine our home without him.  We just hope he doesn't try and put this new baby in the dryer or anything!


Busy, Busy Busy!!!

Comments

Tam said…
It is funny because as soon as I saw the title I thought YAY NURSERY!!!!

What a cute boy - I love your list - makes me miss those baby years.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up