What would you give up for Lent?

Tonight we had an interesting discussion around our dinner table.  Our little neighbor boy P, who is 6, came over and was eating dinner with us.  His family is Catholic and today was Ash Wednesday so he was showing us his mark on his forehead.  This sparked a discussion on what Lent was and the purpose of it all.  He was very cute and quite knowledgeable about the whole thing and answered our questions with pride.

We were having French Toast for dinner and asked if he wanted milk.  He asked if it was chocolate milk because he couldn't have chocolate milk because that is what he gave up for Lent.  It was all good only white milk here tonight.  Then the kids started discussing what they would give up for Lent.  Here is a list of some of the things that we came up with:

Showering
Brushing teeth
Chewing with our mouths closed
Chores
Laundry
Dishes
Being nice to each other
Obeying parents
Broccoli
iPod (not ever gonna happen in this house)
talking

Thank goodness we are not Catholic or we would be one smelly, mean, messy, cranky house!

P said that he wanted to give up his friend Logan for Lent but his teacher said that was probably not a good idea.  Wonder what Logan did to have the wrath of P?

Comments

corn fed girl said…
I would give up swearing...then I would fail on the first day cuz I would probably stub my toe & venom would spill forth...& I'd be thrust down to hell.

So how about staying up late...wait, no. How about chocolate? HAHAHAHA! Fat chance. How about veggies...yeah...I'd give up veggies.
Stacey said…
Those are funny!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up