He hit the nail on the head
Last week I enjoyed our LDS General Conference via the internet. I am sad to say that I don't think I have ever watched a Saturday session of conference, it did not even dawn on me that they have 2 general sessions on Saturday just like they do on Sunday. Even when my friend invited us over for breakfast, and to watch conference on Saturday I assumed that it was for Sunday!
Anyway this time I watched ALL 4 sessions of conference and loved it! I'm also the person who usually falls asleep around talk #2 during the first and second session on Sunday and wake up around the closing hymn. When friends talk about the talks, they say "I'm sure you remember so and so's talk last week during conference?" and I always nod my head and fake recognition! This time I can actually join in the conversation! I felt like every talk was directed right at me, I needed their words so much.
I especially liked Jeffrey R. Holland's talk during the last session when he referred to children as "bedlamites". Today I looked up the definition of bedlam just to make sure I knew what he was talking about, Google said, "bedlam: a scene of uproar and confusion"
Yep that just about sums up our house...how about yours?
Anyway this time I watched ALL 4 sessions of conference and loved it! I'm also the person who usually falls asleep around talk #2 during the first and second session on Sunday and wake up around the closing hymn. When friends talk about the talks, they say "I'm sure you remember so and so's talk last week during conference?" and I always nod my head and fake recognition! This time I can actually join in the conversation! I felt like every talk was directed right at me, I needed their words so much.
I especially liked Jeffrey R. Holland's talk during the last session when he referred to children as "bedlamites". Today I looked up the definition of bedlam just to make sure I knew what he was talking about, Google said, "bedlam: a scene of uproar and confusion"
Yep that just about sums up our house...how about yours?
Comments