Life has gotten a lot easier!
The first year of L's life was amazing! He was such a good baby. He sleeps well, takes LONG naps, and mostly just wanted to be put down on a blanket on the floor and left alone! Perfect baby right? Well then he became mobile and my whole life changed. I've been spending the last few months wondering where my sweet little baby went. What did I do wrong? Well I came to the realization last week that L is not C! I know big shocker! I was constantly comparing him to the way C behaved/behaves that I forgot that he is his own little person. I even was wishing that L could go to Kindergarten and C could just stay home with me forever. However, I am so glad that I have made this realization when he is 1 instead of 30 because who wants to spend their whole life being compared to their brother?
Now that I have this new take on things my life has gotten easier. I no longer expect him to sit through an entire Jurassic Park movie and snuggle me under the covers all day. I don't expect to be able to take him to a restaurant and sit quietly without entertainment. I don't expect to be able to go to the park and sit and chit chat with my friends and let him play with little supervision.
He is a different boy! He likes attention. He wants to sit in my lap for an hour and look at a 5 page book on tractors 50 times. He wants me to sit on the floor with him while he plays with his trains. He wants to go outside and play and not be inside all day. He requires me to get off my rear end and MOVE! These are all GOOD things, I need to be plugged into whatever he is doing at any given moment or I'm in serious trouble, like boxes of cereal all over the floor, or stacking laundry baskets up to try and reach something on the counter.
Granted I am exhausted by the end of the day and can't wait until 8pm, and I NEVER schedule anything during nap time, but I'm much more tolerant of L and his on-the-move attitude! I realized that I didn't need to change him I needed to change ME. Now if I could just survive the summer of pregnancy maybe by fall my energy will return and we'll be even happier together.
Now that I have this new take on things my life has gotten easier. I no longer expect him to sit through an entire Jurassic Park movie and snuggle me under the covers all day. I don't expect to be able to take him to a restaurant and sit quietly without entertainment. I don't expect to be able to go to the park and sit and chit chat with my friends and let him play with little supervision.
He is a different boy! He likes attention. He wants to sit in my lap for an hour and look at a 5 page book on tractors 50 times. He wants me to sit on the floor with him while he plays with his trains. He wants to go outside and play and not be inside all day. He requires me to get off my rear end and MOVE! These are all GOOD things, I need to be plugged into whatever he is doing at any given moment or I'm in serious trouble, like boxes of cereal all over the floor, or stacking laundry baskets up to try and reach something on the counter.
Granted I am exhausted by the end of the day and can't wait until 8pm, and I NEVER schedule anything during nap time, but I'm much more tolerant of L and his on-the-move attitude! I realized that I didn't need to change him I needed to change ME. Now if I could just survive the summer of pregnancy maybe by fall my energy will return and we'll be even happier together.
Comments