How much is too much?
I've been having a hard time the last few weeks. You'd think that with this being my 5th pregnancy that I'd have it down pat. However I still get scolded by my friends and family for doing "too much". Well people, the more kids I have the more I HAVE to do when I'm preggo!
I pulled weeds in my yard the other day and that opened a whole can of whoop a$$ on myself. Seriously pulling weeds is "too much". What is my yard supposed to do all summer? I also was told that helping the kids move the trampoline was "too much", and mowing the yard (which I LOVE doing by the way). All these things people get onto me about, well let me give you a list of the things I have to do around the house all day.
I carry a 30ish lb toddler up and down the stairs at least twice a day. He can do them himself, but when it's nap time and he won't come up because it's nap time then I have to drag his bum up the stairs.
Groceries. I cannot leave groceries in the car all day...therefore they have to come upstairs.
Laundry. We have 6 people in this house and I have to do at least 3 loads of laundry a day to keep up. Now I don't do laundry every day so that means that most days when I do laundry I have 6-8 loads that I have to carry up and down the stairs. I'm staring at a pile right now that is probably about 10ish loads! UGH.
Mopping floors. I could have the children mop floors for me, but if the children are home then moping floors is futile! They make the mess faster than they can mop!
Give L a bath. Most nights one of the other children gives him a bath, but usually at least once a day he has a massive dirty diaper that is better cleaned in the tub. So I'm leaning over the tub wrangling him while he is slippery and wet.
L can't get into his car seat by himself, so I'm constantly lifting him into the seat and back down again when we reach our destination.
Almost every night at least one of the children needs a new fitted sheet on their bed. They are wild sleepers! That is a huge CHORE! I have to climb the bunk bed ladder and put that bad boy on, I hate it, but they can't do it.
This is probably a drop in the bucket of what I 'have' to do daily. I'm home alone with the baby and things must be done. Luckily I have a great hubby that helps tons around the house but he does have a job and isn't here all the time to help.
So my question is "How much is too much?"
I'd really like to know.
***disclaimer*** I'm not at all complaining about my chores around the house that are part of being a Stay-at-home-mom. I'm just sayin' that some things I get into 'trouble' for doing are way less strenuous than the things I do all day long. Where do you draw the line?
I pulled weeds in my yard the other day and that opened a whole can of whoop a$$ on myself. Seriously pulling weeds is "too much". What is my yard supposed to do all summer? I also was told that helping the kids move the trampoline was "too much", and mowing the yard (which I LOVE doing by the way). All these things people get onto me about, well let me give you a list of the things I have to do around the house all day.
I carry a 30ish lb toddler up and down the stairs at least twice a day. He can do them himself, but when it's nap time and he won't come up because it's nap time then I have to drag his bum up the stairs.
Groceries. I cannot leave groceries in the car all day...therefore they have to come upstairs.
Laundry. We have 6 people in this house and I have to do at least 3 loads of laundry a day to keep up. Now I don't do laundry every day so that means that most days when I do laundry I have 6-8 loads that I have to carry up and down the stairs. I'm staring at a pile right now that is probably about 10ish loads! UGH.
Mopping floors. I could have the children mop floors for me, but if the children are home then moping floors is futile! They make the mess faster than they can mop!
Give L a bath. Most nights one of the other children gives him a bath, but usually at least once a day he has a massive dirty diaper that is better cleaned in the tub. So I'm leaning over the tub wrangling him while he is slippery and wet.
L can't get into his car seat by himself, so I'm constantly lifting him into the seat and back down again when we reach our destination.
Almost every night at least one of the children needs a new fitted sheet on their bed. They are wild sleepers! That is a huge CHORE! I have to climb the bunk bed ladder and put that bad boy on, I hate it, but they can't do it.
This is probably a drop in the bucket of what I 'have' to do daily. I'm home alone with the baby and things must be done. Luckily I have a great hubby that helps tons around the house but he does have a job and isn't here all the time to help.
So my question is "How much is too much?"
I'd really like to know.
***disclaimer*** I'm not at all complaining about my chores around the house that are part of being a Stay-at-home-mom. I'm just sayin' that some things I get into 'trouble' for doing are way less strenuous than the things I do all day long. Where do you draw the line?
Comments
I ran until I was 8 months along with Kacy, and was constantly told not to, except by my doctor, who said, "Go until it hurts. Then you need to stop." Listen to your body. You will be fine.
And reading this made me grateful that I am NOT pregnant right now. The memories of heaving heavy toddlers into a lifted van in my a-line denim skirt to go to church is still too fresh in my mind- and it's been a little over three years!
Just tell people that this is the only exercise you get right now, and that you will definitely stop when you feel like you need to. :)