Father's Day!
This Father's Day was great. I say that as the woman who is soooooo lucky that her hubby likes to cook, and he has in his mind exactly the way he wants his food to taste, so he shops for it, and prepares it all himself and all I had to do was pop it in the oven.
He chose fish for his father's day dinner last night. We don't eat much fish unless it's in the form of sticks or tuna salad sandwiches. I don't know why we don't eat more fish, I guess it's expensive is one reason and I have a little bit of PTSD from a camping trip when I was 5, it involved catching and eating trout right from the river and a bone getting stuck in my throat...we won't go there. I don't know if I have ever fed C fish before so I was worried that he wouldn't eat it. Chris bought Tilapia fillets and seasoned them and then we baked them. Those kids chowed! ALL OF THEM! We did about 10-12 fillets and we only have a couple left, it was divine!
He also made a pasta salad. At first he was going to use bottled salad dressing but then decided to branch out and make his own. He uses balsamic vinaigrette (I had to convince the kids that it was NOT a bottle of wine), olive oil, artichoke hearts, black olives, salt and pepper, feta cheese, mushrooms, pasta, garlic, and parmesean cheese. It was great, I can't wait to have some for lunch today.
This was the first holiday that the kids bought their own gifts for him, with their own money. O bought him a pack of gum, K got him a 6 pack of grape crush in a bottle, and C made him a Star Trek ship out of cardboard. Liam and I made "manly" burp cloths for when the baby came, they are made from suit fabric and Minky.
I think he had a good day. I know I did!!
He chose fish for his father's day dinner last night. We don't eat much fish unless it's in the form of sticks or tuna salad sandwiches. I don't know why we don't eat more fish, I guess it's expensive is one reason and I have a little bit of PTSD from a camping trip when I was 5, it involved catching and eating trout right from the river and a bone getting stuck in my throat...we won't go there. I don't know if I have ever fed C fish before so I was worried that he wouldn't eat it. Chris bought Tilapia fillets and seasoned them and then we baked them. Those kids chowed! ALL OF THEM! We did about 10-12 fillets and we only have a couple left, it was divine!
He also made a pasta salad. At first he was going to use bottled salad dressing but then decided to branch out and make his own. He uses balsamic vinaigrette (I had to convince the kids that it was NOT a bottle of wine), olive oil, artichoke hearts, black olives, salt and pepper, feta cheese, mushrooms, pasta, garlic, and parmesean cheese. It was great, I can't wait to have some for lunch today.
This was the first holiday that the kids bought their own gifts for him, with their own money. O bought him a pack of gum, K got him a 6 pack of grape crush in a bottle, and C made him a Star Trek ship out of cardboard. Liam and I made "manly" burp cloths for when the baby came, they are made from suit fabric and Minky.
I think he had a good day. I know I did!!
Comments