They aren't just for church anymore!
I have a friend named Mary, she wears skirts pretty much all summer. I've seen other people do this too and always thought it was kind of strange. In my mind skirts/dresses are for Sunday's and Sunday's only. Can't tell you the last time I wore a skirt for no good reason. I have to say though that those skirt wearing people out there always look really cute, and really cool (as in temperature wise).
So today as I was putting on my hot denim capri's, layering my T-shirt with a tank top, and already sweating in my air conditioned house I started questioning my "Skirts are for Sunday" attitude. So I got out a cute knit dress that I found at the exchange on Saturday and slipped it on, WITH FLIP FLOPS! Now that is much better than all those constraining layers in this heat and humidity, I'm S-O-L-D. Now I need to scour the thrift stores for some skirts and comfy shirts! I went to the library and only once thought about my blindingly white legs, varicose veins and 2 days worth of stubble!
So today as I was putting on my hot denim capri's, layering my T-shirt with a tank top, and already sweating in my air conditioned house I started questioning my "Skirts are for Sunday" attitude. So I got out a cute knit dress that I found at the exchange on Saturday and slipped it on, WITH FLIP FLOPS! Now that is much better than all those constraining layers in this heat and humidity, I'm S-O-L-D. Now I need to scour the thrift stores for some skirts and comfy shirts! I went to the library and only once thought about my blindingly white legs, varicose veins and 2 days worth of stubble!
Comments