The Winds of Change!
It's been a long process around here figuring out where exactly this new baby and all of our crap should go! The girls have moved rooms a couple of times this year and ended up right back where they were in the first place. The boys have pretty much stayed put through the whole thing, but their toys have moved several times! Our house is not very big compared to most of our friends houses. We live in a bi-level home which means that you walk in the front door and you either go immediately upstairs to the main floor (living room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath etc), or you go downstairs which is our basement (one small bedroom, a large family room, and a bath). Apparently a basement does not have to be completely underground, dark, dingy, or musty for it to be too scary for a child to live in. At our house all it needs to be is further than 3 feet from mom and dad's room! Our basement is bright, with large windows, and very nice in the summer, but still no one wants to room down there. Well fine with me because I get my sewing room back!!!
So as it stands we moved things around again this weekend. I moved back into my sewing room and the entire family room downstairs is a play room, and let me tell you there is plenty of room to PLAY! Now I can send L down there without any worries that he will get into my scissors, pins, sewing machine, etc.
The girls share a room upstairs and the boys do also. This will be the norm until they move out of my house! I will not move them again...(unless I have a really insistent whiny teenager that drives me to the brink of insanity begging for his/her own room, only then will THEY be allowed to haul furniture up and down the stairs and switch themselves!)
So as it stands we moved things around again this weekend. I moved back into my sewing room and the entire family room downstairs is a play room, and let me tell you there is plenty of room to PLAY! Now I can send L down there without any worries that he will get into my scissors, pins, sewing machine, etc.
The girls share a room upstairs and the boys do also. This will be the norm until they move out of my house! I will not move them again...(unless I have a really insistent whiny teenager that drives me to the brink of insanity begging for his/her own room, only then will THEY be allowed to haul furniture up and down the stairs and switch themselves!)
Here's a quick pic of our new toy room!! While it's still clean anyway!
Hopefully soon we will be able to sell the piano (anyone wanna buy a piano?) and that will make for a lot more space.
In addition to rearranging our basement, Saturday we moved stuff around our bedroom. We have had the same layout of furniture in our room since we moved in almost 5 years ago. We had it in our minds that there was no other way to reconfigure the bed so we left it. Saturday Chris decided it was worth a try moving it all and WOW what a difference! Our room is HUGE! We were even able to bring in another piece of furniture for all the electronics and it's still huge!
We still need to accessorize a bit and find stuff that fits to hang on the walls, and maybe a nice window treatment to go over that ugly green shade! It's a work in progress.
Another big switch is that we switched sides of the bed. For some people that is not a big deal for me it is a ginormous deal!! I'm a creature of habit and moving to the right side of the bed caused me some butterflies in my tummy, but now that I've done it WOW again! Why didn't I do this 5 years ago? I only have to take 2 steps and I'm to the bathroom. This is soooo much better. Cuz you know it's really all about how far you are from the bathroom.
Comments