Baby is here but more about him later
Right now in this post I'd like to focus on the other half of our labor team...Chris. It dawned on me last night as I was laboring with our 5th child that in every birth story I record I only tell my story. I only tell how it felt for me, and the baby, but I never say a word about my fabulous coach through it all.
I have to say right now that there never was or ever will be a better labor coach. From the moment that he went to our first birthing class over 12 years ago he has been right there in the thick of things. He has supported my decisions for each birth, he has made sure that during the thick of things I don't suddenly change my mind about any birth plan without first making sure I am completely aware of each decision and understand my choice.
He has never been upset of offended when I've done or said something crazy during deliver. I have growled at him to "GET OUT OF MY FACE", I've squeezed his hand almost into oblivion, I have demanded massages, and ice chips, and cold wash cloths, I have been mean, and nice, and whiny, I have cried and pooped and almost puked, I have begged for food, and medication, and not ONCE has this man of mine complained, NOT ONCE!
They don't let you eat food after you start the induction process and each time he has waited right there with me to eat. The last two times it has been from 7am-around midnight and I know he's very hungry.
He has also been the one to get me my "after delivery meal" since I always seem to deliver right after hospital meal time or a few hours before it. When we lived in California this consisted of going over to Carl's Jr. and getting me a huge meal, now it consists of hitting whatever is open in this little town that rolls up it's sidewalks early. This time he was at Steak and Shake at 1am ordering me tons of food.
He always makes sure the kids are taken care of, that they have sitters, and come and see the baby and me as soon as they can the next day. He makes sure that I am loaded up with graham crackers and chocolate milk whenever I want and he stays with the baby and I the whole time at the hospital to help at night. Whenever the baby is taken for tests/Dr. checks he makes sure to go down and keep an eye on things.
Basically what I am trying to say is that I have to worry about nothing when this guy is around. It's wonderful and I thank my lucky stars every day that I have him in my life, not only for giving birth but for our every day experiences.
Thanks Chris for all of your support and your calming presence in not only my hospital room, but in my life. Love you!
I have to say right now that there never was or ever will be a better labor coach. From the moment that he went to our first birthing class over 12 years ago he has been right there in the thick of things. He has supported my decisions for each birth, he has made sure that during the thick of things I don't suddenly change my mind about any birth plan without first making sure I am completely aware of each decision and understand my choice.
He has never been upset of offended when I've done or said something crazy during deliver. I have growled at him to "GET OUT OF MY FACE", I've squeezed his hand almost into oblivion, I have demanded massages, and ice chips, and cold wash cloths, I have been mean, and nice, and whiny, I have cried and pooped and almost puked, I have begged for food, and medication, and not ONCE has this man of mine complained, NOT ONCE!
They don't let you eat food after you start the induction process and each time he has waited right there with me to eat. The last two times it has been from 7am-around midnight and I know he's very hungry.
He has also been the one to get me my "after delivery meal" since I always seem to deliver right after hospital meal time or a few hours before it. When we lived in California this consisted of going over to Carl's Jr. and getting me a huge meal, now it consists of hitting whatever is open in this little town that rolls up it's sidewalks early. This time he was at Steak and Shake at 1am ordering me tons of food.
He always makes sure the kids are taken care of, that they have sitters, and come and see the baby and me as soon as they can the next day. He makes sure that I am loaded up with graham crackers and chocolate milk whenever I want and he stays with the baby and I the whole time at the hospital to help at night. Whenever the baby is taken for tests/Dr. checks he makes sure to go down and keep an eye on things.
Basically what I am trying to say is that I have to worry about nothing when this guy is around. It's wonderful and I thank my lucky stars every day that I have him in my life, not only for giving birth but for our every day experiences.
Thanks Chris for all of your support and your calming presence in not only my hospital room, but in my life. Love you!
Comments