Happy Turkey Day!
I have to say right off the bat that I think that this Thanksgiving turned out better than I expected. For the last few years (since we've lived here) we have had a pretty big crowd of people over and our house has been bursting at the seams. I love that and love having a large group around during the holiday. This year however most of our normal peeps that we invite over were busy, or had a last minute trip to visit family. So it was just us and Michael and Tamra and their kiddos, and Crazy Uncle Johnny! A small group but very fun just the same. We had enough table room for everyone, we had TONS of food, and laughed until we couldn't stand it.
The older kids and I woke up early and went to our town's Turkey Trot and walked a 1 1/2 mile fun walk. It was stinkin' cold, but it was nice to know we did something physical before eating 10,000,000 calories for dinner! My friend Mary met us over there with her little guy and we chatted and walked and drank hot cocoa. It think this will be a new tradition (unless it's snowing, raining, or icing!)
After the turkey trot it was game on for making food. I had done all my prep work the night before so it was just sticking it all in the oven. I think the meal was a huge success!
This year we made a turkey with feathers saying what we were thankful for every day and he turned out to be a nice and full bird!
November flew by for us. We are gearing up for Christmas now and having my parents come and visit in the middle of December.
We are thankful for so much this year. We've been healthy, had a new baby come to our home, the kids are doing well in school, we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ to guide us along, and we are so lucky to live in a Nation that allows us to worship Him.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!
The older kids and I woke up early and went to our town's Turkey Trot and walked a 1 1/2 mile fun walk. It was stinkin' cold, but it was nice to know we did something physical before eating 10,000,000 calories for dinner! My friend Mary met us over there with her little guy and we chatted and walked and drank hot cocoa. It think this will be a new tradition (unless it's snowing, raining, or icing!)
After the turkey trot it was game on for making food. I had done all my prep work the night before so it was just sticking it all in the oven. I think the meal was a huge success!
This year we made a turkey with feathers saying what we were thankful for every day and he turned out to be a nice and full bird!
November flew by for us. We are gearing up for Christmas now and having my parents come and visit in the middle of December.
We are thankful for so much this year. We've been healthy, had a new baby come to our home, the kids are doing well in school, we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ to guide us along, and we are so lucky to live in a Nation that allows us to worship Him.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!
Comments