Happy Anniversary to us!
14 years ago today I married my BFFE...for those of you that are wondering that means Best Friend For Eternity. Yeah, I just made it up this morning, I'm sure by noon it will be all the rage with those texting kids! K calls L her Beffel (BFFL), but I have my Beef (BFFE)! Anyhoo, I've been reminiscing like I do for most of our anniversaries, you know, "At this time 14 years ago I was in the temple getting into my wedding dress!", that kind of reminiscing. Yeah, I was the freak of nature that scheduled her sealing for 9am on a Saturday morning. I knew that I needed to get it done early or else the suspense would KILL me! I also spent the entire night before our wedding driving around Santa Monica looking for a salon because I wanted to get my hair cut, I know CUT right before the wedding I was brave. I did not find one so we dealt with what we had.
Of course our day was perfect and beautiful and full of great memories but what was the best part was that I truly was marrying my best friend. I always thought when I was a kid and would ask my mom who her best friend was and she would say my dad that it was weird. My 8 year old brain could not understand how she could have a BOY as a best friend. Well now I understand. He's the person I talk to about everything, he's the first person I want to share sorrow, joy, tragedy, sadness, love, excitement, everything with. He's the one I look for in a crowd, he's the one who's voice makes me smile. He's the one that I get excited to see every afternoon and can't stand to be apart from. I hope that when my children grow and find a spouse that they can find someone that makes them feel like I feel. Am I saying that marriage, our marriage, is perfect...no...I'm sure there are days when we drive each other crazy, but when push comes to shove at the end of the day I am happy to lay my head down next to his.
This year is my year to plan our celebration, I started last night making a raspberry filled cake that was kinda like the one we had for our wedding, it was delish. Tonight we are going to dinner then maybe a little walk down memory lane. This year is not too extravagant but with CH as a 3rd wheel, and spending my morning cleaning up puke, pee, and nursing not much is getting accomplished. Next year our my goal is to be Snapdragon bound!
Of course our day was perfect and beautiful and full of great memories but what was the best part was that I truly was marrying my best friend. I always thought when I was a kid and would ask my mom who her best friend was and she would say my dad that it was weird. My 8 year old brain could not understand how she could have a BOY as a best friend. Well now I understand. He's the person I talk to about everything, he's the first person I want to share sorrow, joy, tragedy, sadness, love, excitement, everything with. He's the one I look for in a crowd, he's the one who's voice makes me smile. He's the one that I get excited to see every afternoon and can't stand to be apart from. I hope that when my children grow and find a spouse that they can find someone that makes them feel like I feel. Am I saying that marriage, our marriage, is perfect...no...I'm sure there are days when we drive each other crazy, but when push comes to shove at the end of the day I am happy to lay my head down next to his.
This year is my year to plan our celebration, I started last night making a raspberry filled cake that was kinda like the one we had for our wedding, it was delish. Tonight we are going to dinner then maybe a little walk down memory lane. This year is not too extravagant but with CH as a 3rd wheel, and spending my morning cleaning up puke, pee, and nursing not much is getting accomplished. Next year our
Comments
Happy anniversary! I think you and Chris make a fantastic team! Have a wonderful day!