Platypus soup and sledding

Not much happening around here lately.  So I'll tell you about the mundane!

For starters I'll let you know that for the last 3ish years I haven't been able to wear my diamond engagement ring.  The prongs were bent and Chris and I were worried that wearing it would make it worse and the diamond would fall out.  Turns out we were right.  Two different jewelers told us that the setting was pretty much toast and we needed a new one.  It was more than we wanted to spend but we found a good deal on a new setting that looked exactly like the old one and I am very pleased.  We also had it soldered to my wedding band to prevent some of the wear and tear that the other one went through.  So here is the finished product.


The other day L and I were grocery shopping and he spotted some, "platypus soup"...had to buy that for sure!!


He ate the whole can by himself...

About 2 and a halfish years ago my friend Kim had a baby.  I gave her a baby shower.  At that baby shower I had each guest color a cute quilt square with the intention of making them into a baby quilt for her and little baby A to enjoy...well last week I finally finished the baby quilt!  In my defense shortly after I gave the baby shower I found out that I was myself pregnant with #5.  I totally use him as an excuse for not getting that quilt done for 2 years!  Luckily baby A is still a little peanut and will fit just fine under it.


Last but not least the first day of spring was 2 days ago and last night we had a HUGE snow storm.  Well it was at least the hugest one that we have had in the last two years.  I bet we got about a foot of snow and some of the drifts in our yard and on the deck were up to my waist.

I woke up this first morning of spring break fully expecting to do chores and get our house looking nice for the week to come but ended up scrapping all that and taking the kiddos sledding.  We haven't sledded in years.  We only lasted 20 minutes sledding before 3 out of the 4 I had were done.  Luckily our neighbors came too and they kept C and I took the rest for hot cocoa and pie.  From the time we left the house, including the trip to Mickey D's, we were back home in under 1 hour!  Best sledding trip EVER!


Charlie sitting on his trash sack so he kept dry.  It worked like a charm!


All my sledders


Driving through for pie...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up