Mother's Day 2013, and preschool

Yesterday was Mother's Day.  I love the day personally.  I get pampered by my family and get fun gifts, the best ones are homemade.  Yesterday I was just not feelin' it though.  I have one child that hasn't slept through the night more than twice in the last 2 months, and it's beginning to wear on both Chris and I.  I woke up to kids screaming (even though it was sounds of happiness), and I was cranky and sick.  I went to church with a terrible attitude.  I don't think my attitude changed until about half way through Relief Society when my friends were discussing how precious babies are and how they miss them and I made a stupid comment like, "Babies don't sleep...babies suck!".  That's when I realized that I needed to seriously change my attitude and stop being a downer!  One would think that changing an attitude would be easy but let me tell you it isn't.  It's all about smiling and pretending everything is great until you actually start believing everything is great!  It took several hours but by the time we got home and I could smell yummy BBQ wafting through my windows and my kids were helping out around the house I was feeling much better.  Although I didn't get a single picture...bummer!

On a side note I registered L for preschool on Thursday.  He will start at the local school districts preK program in August.  He will go to school every day for 1/2 a day and ride the bus to and from.  I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this.  At first I was very hesitant because I feel like I'm pushing him out of my house too fast.  He'll only be 3 when school starts (turning 4 shortly after) and he'll be gone from my home for 1/2 a day EVERY weekday.  This is a lot of time away and I was feeling rather guilty.  Then he does things like almost burns the house down, pees on my couch, pours out a whole container of cocoa, or empties the vacuum cleaner container on the carpet and I realize that he NEEDS time away from me.  He needs more stimulation than I can give him.  He needs to learn to use his energy constructively not destructively!  This will be a good thing for both of us.  What is it they say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder!"?  So I'm looking forward to "afternoons off", starting in the fall.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up