Pre-Preschool
Yesterday was L's last day at preschool for the rest of the school year. He goes to a free preschool they have at the local High School. High School students teach the preschoolers and are supervised by an adult teacher. It's a great program O and C both went there and loved it. L was no exception. I was concerned at the beginning because he had to be potty trained before he went to school. He had just turned 3 a week before school started and we were far from being potty trained. However I pushed HARD and was able to keep him dry for 1.5 hours 3 times a week. Sometimes preschool was the only time of the week that he was dry! He had one accident the entire school year at school! This was a huge weight off my mind and in a month or so after school started he was potty trained completely! I was also worried about his behavior because frankly at home he's a handful! I had pity for the poor soul that was assigned to him and made it VERY clear at the beginning that I was grateful for her patience and work.
Well yesterday I got to talk to Miss Mallory (his big kid buddy) a bit while we were having our cookies and punch at the end of year celebration. She is an awesome girl! She is planning on going on to teach special education after college and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I told her how grateful I was for her care with L. She shared with me that on the first day of preschool she had been assigned to another little boy. After the first day of school she asked L's buddy to trade with her because she wanted L! She said he thought he would be a good challenge for her! Mallory was the perfect person for him! He loved her too and they got along splendidly, he even would bring her little gifts from home...plastic spoons, buttons, basically anything he could smuggle in his pockets. It was really cute. So here are a few pics from yesterday. L also got the "Class Handyman" award. They said that he was very good at trying to fix stuff or correct things. I call it OCD they call it Handyman...tomato, tomaaato!
As they were giving out the awards I was worried that his would be "special", I was pleased with the title Handyman. Here are a few awards that I was worried he might get:
Most likely to grow up to be a pick pocket
Most likely to get hit by a car in a parking lot
Most likely to be arrested for indecent exposure
Most likely to have his picture on the back of a milk carton
Most likely to be hospitalized for E coli, Salmonella, or any other bacteria you can get from feces/urine.
Most likely to break a leg jumping off the deck
There are more but these are the nicest ones! I love L, he adds...spice...to my day! So glad he got into the PreK program at the local school district so that he will continue to grow and learn!
Well yesterday I got to talk to Miss Mallory (his big kid buddy) a bit while we were having our cookies and punch at the end of year celebration. She is an awesome girl! She is planning on going on to teach special education after college and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I told her how grateful I was for her care with L. She shared with me that on the first day of preschool she had been assigned to another little boy. After the first day of school she asked L's buddy to trade with her because she wanted L! She said he thought he would be a good challenge for her! Mallory was the perfect person for him! He loved her too and they got along splendidly, he even would bring her little gifts from home...plastic spoons, buttons, basically anything he could smuggle in his pockets. It was really cute. So here are a few pics from yesterday. L also got the "Class Handyman" award. They said that he was very good at trying to fix stuff or correct things. I call it OCD they call it Handyman...tomato, tomaaato!
As they were giving out the awards I was worried that his would be "special", I was pleased with the title Handyman. Here are a few awards that I was worried he might get:
Most likely to grow up to be a pick pocket
Most likely to get hit by a car in a parking lot
Most likely to be arrested for indecent exposure
Most likely to have his picture on the back of a milk carton
Most likely to be hospitalized for E coli, Salmonella, or any other bacteria you can get from feces/urine.
Most likely to break a leg jumping off the deck
There are more but these are the nicest ones! I love L, he adds...spice...to my day! So glad he got into the PreK program at the local school district so that he will continue to grow and learn!
Comments