It's another boy...did I tell you already?
Well we had our ultrasound last week. My suspicions were confirmed that we are having another boy. I seemed to be fine with it. I was calm, didn't cry, and went home like it was just another test result. Once I got home though something happened to me. The kids were out of control and I became a RAGE monster! I was screaming at them, telling them I didn't need little boys running around my house crazy. Made them go outside and get out of my space...RAGE MONSTER! Chris was so kind, looked at me and offered to take us all to dinner. He is so intuitive when it comes to my feelings and needs, he's really the best hubby ever. After our dinner out I calmed down and have been thinking about things more clearly. I have compiled a list of why it is better that this baby is ANOTHER boy.
1. I will not have to add any extra time to my Sunday morning routine to fix anyone else's hair.
2. Jeans go with everything. No matching outfits.
3. Modesty...boys clothes are just naturally more modest and I don't have to worry about him wearing a string bikini when he's 15...at least I hope not.
4. Strength. Boys seem to just be stronger at least their upper body strength. Eventually (pretty early on) I won't have to lift him into the car or help him climb the jungle gyms. He will be strong enough to do it on his own. Babysitting a little 4 year old girl has opened my eyes to how delicate little girls can truly be.
5. Peeing on the side of the road. Road trips are so much easier when I can just open the door of the car in the middle of nowhere and let them tinkle in the brush.
6. Girl toys. I will not have to buy any dolls/kitchens/doll houses/barbies/My Little Ponies/Littlest Pet Shop things to clutter up my toy room. They can all share the same Legos/blocks/trains!
7. I already have all the boy clothes I need!
8. I only have to worry about paying for 2 weddings! Missions will be expensive enough already!
9. Less drama...at least that's what everyone tells me. Eventually there will be less drama.
10. Last and not least is the fact that little boys love their mommas! Girls do too but it's something special when a little boy covered in sweat and Popsicle comes running up while playing to give you a big hug for no reason! They are so sweet.
So I have come to terms with the whole thing. I used to pity my friends that had 4 boys...now I am one...Karma anyone?
1. I will not have to add any extra time to my Sunday morning routine to fix anyone else's hair.
2. Jeans go with everything. No matching outfits.
3. Modesty...boys clothes are just naturally more modest and I don't have to worry about him wearing a string bikini when he's 15...at least I hope not.
4. Strength. Boys seem to just be stronger at least their upper body strength. Eventually (pretty early on) I won't have to lift him into the car or help him climb the jungle gyms. He will be strong enough to do it on his own. Babysitting a little 4 year old girl has opened my eyes to how delicate little girls can truly be.
5. Peeing on the side of the road. Road trips are so much easier when I can just open the door of the car in the middle of nowhere and let them tinkle in the brush.
6. Girl toys. I will not have to buy any dolls/kitchens/doll houses/barbies/My Little Ponies/Littlest Pet Shop things to clutter up my toy room. They can all share the same Legos/blocks/trains!
7. I already have all the boy clothes I need!
8. I only have to worry about paying for 2 weddings! Missions will be expensive enough already!
9. Less drama...at least that's what everyone tells me. Eventually there will be less drama.
10. Last and not least is the fact that little boys love their mommas! Girls do too but it's something special when a little boy covered in sweat and Popsicle comes running up while playing to give you a big hug for no reason! They are so sweet.
So I have come to terms with the whole thing. I used to pity my friends that had 4 boys...now I am one...Karma anyone?
Comments