Just keep swimming

Today we are 8 days post op for Chris.  It's been a long week, actually it's been a long summer.  Longest.  Summer.  Ever!  They ended up taking out his galbladder and installing 2 additional drains in his abdomen.  They took the galbladder laproscopically (which I think I spell wrong every time but auto correct gives me no suggestions), but ended up having to open him up to place the drains and work on the cysts.  We had a feeling that this would be the case so it was pretty expected.  Surgery took 4 hours.  Longest 4 hours of my life bar-none...not even labor.  I was alone in the waiting room which was pretty awful.  Luckily I had plenty of friends willing to play i-spy with me via text and message me so I wouldn't get too far into my worry shell.

His obstacle to over come now is solid food.  Which is pretty ironic because if you know Chris at all food is very important to him.  Not just any food GOOD food, he is a foodie!  For him to not really want food, or say that everything tastes yucky is just not like him at all.  He also keeps vomiting the food and that is not a good thing.  He has kept things down last night and so far today, but I think that is with the help of anti-nausea drugs.  Which is still good because hopefully his body will start accepting the food on it's own again.  He also stopped the pain meds a couple days ago.  This was going from being on heavy narcotics for the last 2 months to nothing...BIG DEAL!  He's a rock star!

Again we are hoping to have him home again soon...but not too soon that it's not going to stick this time.

The kids are having a hard time.  I mean really when you think about it they are doing pretty well considering but if you live with them like I do you notice things...little things.

 The ward has been bringing us meals for close to 7-8 weeks now.  This is a huge help because not only do I not have a lot of time to grocery shop, but I also was not able to cook in our house when Chris was home and couldn't eat.  We have had so many people bring extra food when they come so I can stock my freezer for when the baby comes, we even have had random people stop by with food for the freezer because they just want to help.

Another thing that has been done for us that is probably the single most amazing thing is a family in our ward "adopted" O and C of sorts.  O needed to finish up several things to receive her Faith in God award before her birthday next week.  Each week this family takes her to church and afterward works with her and gives her homework to complete this award!  She will be done this Sunday just in time for her birthday next Thursday!  C was in need of help finishing up an advancement for Cub Scouts so he could move on to Webelos.  This family did the same thing with him and he has finished it as of a couple weeks ago!  These are huge temporal yet very spiritual goals that my kids are so proud that they have accomplished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up