A whole lotta feeling.

Do you ever have one of those days when you are so full of feelings that you can barely think...yeah me either...

Today was our annual clothing exchange.  I don't know if I've posted about it here before but this was (I think) about the 6th year in a row that I've organized this and it's always a great success.  We have people, mostly from our LDS wards, donate things and people can come and get them for free.  FREE...mostly clothes are donated and let me just say I clothe my kids and myself from this exchange every year.  We also get much needed extras that we need and don't usually go out and get on a regular basis.  I love this event.  It helps our family so much and I think it helps others too.  My big dream is to have a place like this all the time.  A community "closet" so to speak where people can donate things and others can come and get what they need for free.  This endeavor would take a lot of time and money and resources I don't have but I dream of it...

Also...

I've been thinking a lot lately about judging.  I've had someone tell me that I'm judgmental and have a "Court of Syndy" that is basically judge, jury, and executioner.  I have a lot to say on this subject so if you are so inclined please sit back grab a cup of herbal tea and read on!

The theory of a "Court of Syndy" makes me laugh out loud mostly because I think we all have a "court of _____(insert your name here)".  We as a species judge each other.  I'm not saying this is a good thing.  Judging others doesn't do anyone any good.  It makes the person being judged feel bad and the person judging look like a jerk.  It's something that me/we work to correct all the time.  At least I do.  I've come a long way from when I was young.  It's a thing that comes with time, and a bit more wisdom, and practice.  It's something that once you've "mastered" (if that's even possible) it you need to keep your skill up every minute of every day because before you know it you're looking at the person in front of you at the checkout counter with food stamps and an iPhone and rolling your eyes.  Let's be honest, you don't know that person or their circumstances, you don't know their reasons behind needing help, YOU HAVEN'T BEEN INSIDE THEIR HEAD!

Now we all make judgments every day, these are the ones that keep us and our family safe and happy.  Judgments like letting your kids stay at a friend's house, or if our stylist at the hair salon has the skill necessary to not butcher our hair, or if we should open the door for the stranger selling vacuums (you should never open the door for strangers by the way!).  Small judgments that keep us safe and happy.  I'm not talking about these kinds of things, these are more assessments than they are judgments.

There have been plenty of times when I've come out looking like the judgy jerk.  I try my best to keep my thoughts and words in check but sometimes they go rogue and next thing I know I'm Judgy McJudger and looking like a dope.  Like I said it takes every minute of every day to keep that nasty judge monster down.  It also seems like I learn this lesson the best after someone has completely judged ME wrong.  Hence the previously mentioned person thinking that I'm judgmental, yet by them even calling me judgmental aren't they in turn judging???!!!  It's all a vicious cycle.

Anyhoo...I guess all I'm saying is that most people are just here on this earth trying their best to muddle through all the crud life tosses at them, and if I'm being judged for muddling incorrectly, or not muddling exactly how someone else would have muddled then I guess I need to let that go because they haven't stepped into my shoes, they haven't walked my walk, they haven't been pregnant with their 6th child and have their husband almost die and have to be a single mom for months not knowing when it will end or if it will end well or badly and try and keep it together for everyone and have gestational diabetes, and live 2000 miles from family, and well you get the picture...all we can do is try our best and hope that the person who matters most, God, will see our efforts and that our Savior will make up the difference.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up