Today is OC's 1st birthday. He's pretty much adorable.
He is also pretty much taking after his older brother L and we all know what that means...Mommy doesn't sit much. OC is basically amazing, he walked at 8 months, and says words like "ball, mom, dad, cat, dog," and can make the sounds of a few animals. He is a pretty good sleeper, he loves food, and gives hugs and kisses like no other.
Looking back over the first year of his life I can't help feeling a little jipped. (is that how you spell it? Jipped, Gipped, Jiped...hmmmm) anyhoo, I had plans for after he was born. Plans to slow down and enjoy his babyhood since I knew he is my last one. I had plans of a long vacation after his birth to just sit and hold him and smell him. I had plans...but we all know how those go.
So today I need to focus on the blessings of this first year. I need to remember how far we have all come and how much we love each other and how adorable and fun and special OC is. I'm allowing myself to cry while I type and then I need to suck it up and move along. I'm pretty good at that!
True to 6th child form we are so very lax in our birthday traditions at this point. He is getting a store bought cupcake, and no a gift to be found! Thankfully he won't remember, he'll just know we love him more than anything!

Comments