This parent thing is HARD!

There are some major changes coming our way very soon.  Sooner than I'd like, sooner than I ever thought they would be here.  Really I just thought life as I know it would go on and on forever and never change much.  But they were right, ,those people who told me it would go by in the blink of an eye.  Those people who told me I'd miss things.  Now I don't miss bottles of ranch dressing being poured on my new carpet, or her name being carved into my new sewing machine, I miss other things, sweet things, and it did literally go by in the blink of an eye.

My baby...well my oldest baby has decided to join the Army.  Yes, you read that right K in all her tea party, pink feather boa, stripped down naked waving at neighbors, hating middle school, graduating in a few months baby is joining the Army!  She wants more than anything to help people and she will go in as a Medic.  This has actually been her dream since she was 7.  She wanted at first to go into the Air Force and be a pilot but her first eye exam nipped that in the bud!  So she has chosen the Army.

One thing I know about my girl is that she likes to have a plan.  She has researched this like nobodies business.  She has done a research paper on it, talked with multiple people who are in the army members of our faith, not of our faith, women, men...she as talked with a recruiter, and she has been getting into shape to make this as easy on her as possible, even though she knows this will be the hardest thing she has ever had to face.  She is on fire!!!  Like I have never seen her so excited about something in her whole life, except that time we told her she could eat BBQ chicken with her fingers!
She has a tough road ahead of her and we do too, we are supporting her decision 100% even though inside it may be breaking a heart or two.  So if you see her give her a pat on the back and tell her that she's AWESOME, because...well...she is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up