Lucy you got some splainin' to do...
Actually in all actuality I do not have any explaining to do. It is what it is for all those reading my blog. However I would like to get this all blogged for posterity so there are no questions. Because family history in the future will be like "On Grandma's Blog..."
Last post may have mentioned the fact that K will be joining the army after High School. Well folks it's happening sooner than that even though she will not actually be "shipping out" until her graduation is complete. Today and tomorrow she is taking her ASVAB test and having all her medical taken care of. She will be picking an MOS (job) and taking her Army Oath. I dropped her off at the recruiters office this morning, she is driving down to St. Louis today and taking her test. Then they will give her a hotel room and food vouchers and she will return in the morning to have her physical. Hopefully by tonight she will have picked her job and sleep a little better than she has been. This girl has not hardly slept or ate in weeks!
So let me clarify. I have a daughter that is 17 years old and joining the army. She will be attending Basic Training before her 18th birthday (aprox 3 months before). Yes, Chris and I had to sign a paper allowing her to move forward with this decision. NO, I am not "foolishly signing her away" contrary to the belief of some. This is not a quick/last minute/rushed/stupid decision. She has prayed and planned and worked very hard for this, and I support her 100%.
She just might change the world...
Last post may have mentioned the fact that K will be joining the army after High School. Well folks it's happening sooner than that even though she will not actually be "shipping out" until her graduation is complete. Today and tomorrow she is taking her ASVAB test and having all her medical taken care of. She will be picking an MOS (job) and taking her Army Oath. I dropped her off at the recruiters office this morning, she is driving down to St. Louis today and taking her test. Then they will give her a hotel room and food vouchers and she will return in the morning to have her physical. Hopefully by tonight she will have picked her job and sleep a little better than she has been. This girl has not hardly slept or ate in weeks!
So let me clarify. I have a daughter that is 17 years old and joining the army. She will be attending Basic Training before her 18th birthday (aprox 3 months before). Yes, Chris and I had to sign a paper allowing her to move forward with this decision. NO, I am not "foolishly signing her away" contrary to the belief of some. This is not a quick/last minute/rushed/stupid decision. She has prayed and planned and worked very hard for this, and I support her 100%.
She just might change the world...
Comments